Everyone knows Thanksgiving is all about the good eats–but what about the drinks?
It’s easy to get distracted by the turkey, potatoes, mac & cheese, and yams, forgetting about the importance of a signature cocktail for any good gathering. Check out some ideas down below to spice up your Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any holiday gathering this season.
- 1 cup 100% pomegranate juice
- ⅔ cup vodka
- ⅔ cup ginger beer
For rosemary ginger sugar:
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Finely chop fresh rosemary and grate fresh ginger. Mix with sugar and place on a small plate.
- Wet the rims of empty glasses and dip them into the sugar mixture.
- Fill glasses with ice.
For a pitcher:
- Add vodka and pomegranate juice to a pitcher. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Stir in ginger beer just before serving.
- 2 apples such as Fuji or Gala, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cranberry juice (100% juice is preferred, or cranberry juice cocktail)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 bottle dry red wine
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec (or other orange liqueur like Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 1 orange
1. Gently warm up the apples, juice, and spices:
Place the cloves in a small sachet of cheesecloth and tie it closed with butcher’s twine. Add the apples, cranberry juice, cinnamon, vanilla bean, and cloves sachet to a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 7 minutes, until the apples begin to soften.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
2. Combine the wine and Triple Sec with the orange:
Add the red wine and Triple Sec to a pitcher. Cut the orange into four quarters, slice them, and add the slices to the pitcher as well.
3. Make the sangria:
Add the apple-cranberry-spice mixture to the pitcher and stir. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours, preferably overnight, or up to 2 or 3 days in advance.
5. Cinnamon Maple Whiskey Sour
Ingredients (per cocktail)
- 1 ½ ounces (3 tablespoons) Bulleit bourbon or your bourbon of choice
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 4 teaspoons maple syrup, to taste (I like 3 teaspoons, which is the equivalent of ½ ounce or 1 tablespoon)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon, optional
- Fill a cocktail shaker or mason jar about two-thirds full with ice. Pour in the bourbon, lemon juice, maple syrup and a pinch of ground cinnamon. Securely fasten the lid and shake well.
- Pour fresh ice into your cocktail glass and strain the cold whiskey sour mixture into the glass. Enjoy!
6. Easy Cranberry Margarita
- coarse sea salt (for rimming glass)
- 4.5 ounces cranberry juice (3 shots from standard size shot glass), or more to taste
- 1.5 ounces blanco tequila (1 shot from standard size shot glass)
- 1 ounce triple sec (2/3 shot from standard size shot glass)
- 1/2 lime
- fresh cranberries and rosemary sprigs, for garnish *optional*
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of a glass and dip in salt. Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add cranberry juice, tequila, triple sec and the juice of half a lime. Shake to combine.
- Strain the cocktail over the prepared glass and garnish with fresh cranberries and rosemary sprigs.
7. Salted Caramel White Russian
- Caramel sauce
- Sea salt
Link to original source