Snoop Dogg is gearing up for the release of his 19th solo studio album. The Doggfather has dubbed this project Algorithm and according to the tracklist — which was revealed on the album’s pre-order page — Snoop has enlisted a bevy of hip hop heavyweights for features.
Algorithm consists of 25 tracks and includes the Mount Westmore banger “Big Subwoofer,” plus “Murder Music” featuring New York emcees Benny The Butcher, Jadakiss and Busta Rhymes. Snoop also teams up with fellow Super Bowl LVI performer Mary J. Blige on “Diamond Life” and R&B singers Usher and Eric Bellinger on “New Oldie.”
There are also songs with Ty Dolla $ign, Wiz Khalifa, Blxst, Larry June, Redman, Method Man, D Smoke, and Kokane, among other artists. The former Death Row Records rapper is releasing his first album under Def Jam. As REVOLT previously reported in June, Snoop accepted a position at the famed label to be an executive creative and strategic consultant.
In his announcement video, Snoop hinted at releasing an album under Def Jam and explained why he chose to take the position at this point in his career. “You may wonder, why so late in my career would I want to work at Def Jam Records? Let me tell you why. As a kid, as a young rapper, Def Jam Records was the Holy Grail of hip hop. It was the label all of the artists communicated, connected, put out great music, great videos, movies and they were always on tour together. They were always doing things together. They were like a family,” he said.
“Then Death Row Records happened, so I didn’t get a chance to be on Def Jam, but I always had a dream to be on Def Jam, and to be in a place where hip hop was originated. So when I got the opportunity, my main focus on Def Jam Records was to go and help the artists and give them love and give them wisdom, guidance, and understanding and teach them the tricks that I learned in the game to diversify their portfolios, to not just be rappers and not just be artist, but to be superstars, superheroes so to speak.”
Check out the complete track list for Algorithm below and preorder the album via Snoop’s site.
1. Snoop Dogg – Intro
2. Redman & Method Man – Alright (feat. Nefertitt Avani)
3. Snoop Dogg – No Bammer Weed
4. Eric Bellinger, Snoop Dogg & Usher – New Oldie
5. Fabolous & Dave East – Make Some Money (feat. Snoop Dogg)
6. Malaya – Anxiety
7. Jane Handcock – Like My Weed
8. YK Osiris – Applying Pressure (feat. Snoop Dogg)
9. Blxst & Snoop Dogg – Go To War
10. October London – I Want You
11. August 08 – Gyu (feat. Ty Dolla $ign & Bino Rideaux)
12. Malaya – Inspiration
13. Mount Westmore (Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, E-40 & Too Short) – Big Subwoofer
14. Snoop Dogg, Benny The Butcher, Jadakiss & Busta Rhymes – Murder Music
15. Heydeon – Been Thru
16. Snoop Dogg – Qualified (feat. Larry June & October London)
17. Choc – Everybody Dies
18. Jane Handcock – By & By
19. Snoop Dogg & DJ Cassidy – Diamond Life (feat. Mary J Blige)
20.Jane Handcock – Whatever You On
21. Nefertitti Avani – Make It Last
22. Snoop Dogg – No Smut On My Name (feat. Battle Loco & Kokane
23. Snoop Dogg – Get My Money (feat. Prohoezak)
24. Camino – Steady (feat. D Smoke & Wiz Khalifa)
25. Snoop Dogg – Outro
Link to Revolt